FCW WordPress Plugins
By providing an unintrusive notification in a customisable location Cookie Confirm allows you to give your users the choice to accept cookies on your WordPress site.
When a visitor browses to a website with the Cookie Confirm plugin installed for the first time, they are shown a banner asking for their consent to cookies. The banner explains which cookies the website intends to set, and gives the visitor the option to consent or to deny each type of cookie. As well as being able to consent to cookies for the website they visited, the banner allows the visitor to consent to cookies for all websites which use the Cookie Confirm plugin.
If the visitor chooses to set preferences for all sites, we set third party cookies on our domain (cookieconsent.silktide.com) to remembers their choices. This cookies are completely anonymous, non-trackable, and are only used to remember the visitors preferences.
Each time a visitor browses to a website with the Cookie Confirm plugin installed, the plugin checks to see if they have set preferences for all sites. If so, it doesn't need to show the banner and the website already knows which sorts of cookies it is allowed to set.
Current features include-
- Customise position and style of notification
- Specify which type of cookie your site uses and customise the descriptions of these
- Choose from Explicit or Implicit consent
- Allow users to save their choice for all websites using the Cookie Consent software
- Ability to customise all text strings
- Add your own cookie definitions
- Add proper support for SSL
Total downloads: 9,891.
Tags: compliance, confirm, consent, cookie, EU, notification, preference
- First release
- Fixed bug printing code at the bottom of pages